MT's thoughts on all kinds of stuff.


Tuesday 16 August 2011

My pack/ pride/ people.


Today I put Ava on a train, which will lead to her flying home to Canada. I'm going to miss her.

Things always feels very comfortable with Ava, she just naturally fits with us in a way that is just hers. It feels like she just lives here when she's here, then it's always a light shock for us all when she leaves again.

So now she's actually flying away to another continent, I feel a pang. The last visit was going to be the last one before she left, but then she came up with a plan to fit in one more visit before going, which was lovely. But for some reason I felt more of a pang saying goodbye this time.

She's hoping to come back and stay for a whole summer when she can, visas, permits and finances not withstanding. But that's a long time to not see someone who has started to accidentally, become one of the family. I have lots of people who are one of the family in all sorts of different ways, and like all of them she fits in her own specific way, with her own specific place. She also has a tight relationship with N which is probably as tight as her relationship with me, and I like that. There's no stress with her,  just an extra member of the pack (or maybe more pride than pack, as I'm very lion like).

So anyway, the Canadian hottie is flying away, and I'm going to miss more than her bootie, service, and lovely kisses.

No comments: