MT's thoughts on all kinds of stuff.


Tuesday 27 March 2012

The last 48 hours.


  • N had a motorbike accident involving a large male deer running fast into the bike. It’s a miracle he’s alive really, there are loads of fatalities here for people in cars let alone being hit on a bike. He is basically ok, a few small injuries only. Astonishingly he managed to avoid actually coming off the bike, thank God. If he had come off I wouldn't fancy his chances.
  • We had a small but distressingly fast-growing fire, which I was putting out at exactly the same time that N staggered home announcing his crash, so I was trying to deal with both these things at once with a young shrieking child in tow for that added touch of worry.
  • The bike is badly smashed up in numerous places, obviously. It won't be covered on the insurance for lengthy reasons.
  • N has had his ECG and the results of that thankfully seem fine at least. That is a great relief to me.
  • The results of his bloodwork should be in tomorrow.
  • He now needs to get his lungs checked.
  • If anyone wants me I will be curled up in a ball in the corner hitting my head repeatedly on the wall. N cannot for the life of him understand why I may be stressed to fuck by the way - I'm going to need a fucking ECG at this rate.

5 comments:

Master's piece said...

Just keep in mind his arse and your boot... it's the little things that get us through these times.
Big hugs

Dina said...

~offers a hug as well~

For crying out loud, I swear...!

I hope this is the very last of the aggravating "black stripe" that life throws at you two. I'm really glad Nigel came out of it much better than he could, though--that is a big bonus.

MsSparkles said...

Thankyou both :)

zelda said...

..How did I only just now figure out that you had a blog? Well, glad I found it in time to offer you some wishes for serenity. Very glad that Nigel is doing okay - that's very good news. Best to you both.

MsSparkles said...

Thankyou Zelda :) My blog is a hit and miss affair....