MT's thoughts on all kinds of stuff.


Monday 17 October 2011

Another one of the clan.


Another ‘family’ member, S, has been down to stay for a couple of days. S & I go way back, having been very close friends for many years. We’ve worked together, partied together, been on adventures together, spent  many Big Times together, he was there when I last gave birth and was the first one to hold my baby (they assumed he was the Dad, and he’s her very awesome ‘Godfather’), his books are dedicated to me…. You get the gist, we are very tightly bonded and love each other to bits.
He’s generally just referred to as things like ‘my lovely boy’, but when he recently he described himself as submissive to me in certain contexts no one batted an eyelid as it's just accepted really. I love him very dearly and am fiercely protective of him, so I steer him a lot at times (sometimes very firmly).  We have our own way of relating that works really well, labels be damned. He refers to himself in charming ways like ‘my helper in things’.
Over the course of the last five years N & S have become close too which is really wonderful. While on the surface they have absolutely nothing in common apart from shared loved ones, there are some core similarities which they have slowly used to bond. They both have a love of people watching, excel at the double entendre, have a thoroughly filthy sense of humour, an overt love of having fun and partying, love good food and drink, like to gang up together teasing me, and revel in offering each other back up for their ‘demands’ (today for example they both contended that they ‘needed’ an £870 Vivienne Westwood jacket each ‘so I could have matching boys to take out and look hot for me’. Seriously). Watching them out together is a particular joy as they laugh constantly. They are both very funny people actually.
After a recent trauma in S’s life their relationship has become tighter, as N has very much ‘adopted’ S in a protective looking out for him role that I find touching.  
I feel so happy when I have them both together. We were out today, just shopping and having coffee and chatting etc, and I was really content all day. I just love having both my boys together.  One of my fondest wishes is to one day have all my core people together in one place. I would be so happy. We always come back to talking about the idea (todays imaginary ‘plan’ was that we buy a three storey house together and make N the property caretaker in his short sexy shorts and a tool belt. Meanwhile S & I are to work on projects together, and he can make the house all pretty with his awesome housework skills. I would feed everyone matriarch stylee, and be generally loved, adored and entertained. I think this plan is superb for obvious reasons).
But anyway, S is yet another member of the family. And having him and N together with me always makes me tra la la happy.
Tra la la.

No comments: