MT's thoughts on all kinds of stuff.


Sunday 25 December 2011

Seasons greetings!

It’s Christmas! Wheeeeeeeee! I’ve had a lovely day.  First I awoke to be presented with heaps of gorgeous, wonderful, perfectly chosen gifts which is a frankly marvellous start to any day. I got;
Ruby slippers
Yes, I really am that camp.

A really excellent thumb ring that I am thoroughly thrilled with. It's exactly what I wanted and very hard to find (astonishingly I know, this item is not camp - it's steel, with a rope design in and really great).
Driving lesson vouchers (hurrah! Various loved ones have now chipped in the vast majority of the cost of the driving course I want to do for various gifts. This is bloody wonderful. I suspect they are partly encouraging me because of the thrilling prospect of not having to ferry me about in future).
Lush goodies including my favourite Karma products.
Sanctuary goodies (also great favourites).
Various other lovely fancy smelly things.
Purple leather gloves. Very nice.
Gorgeous Christmas rose candles in jars that smell like absolute heaven. I love nice candles. 
Books, several, various, all most excellent.
A madly twinkly Swarovski crystal butterfly hair thing that I fell in love with on sight ages ago. It looks better in real life than the photo (though no less blingy)


Keep Calm and Carry On merchandise, various, lots. Mostly the original red kind, but also a desk set emblazoned with the following alternative

Sweets and treats (see  ^)
A really lovely lap tray with butterflies on that I wanted - when I type at home from now on it will be on that :) I am charmed by it.
The soup bowl set that I was charmed by and asked N to get me in Blakeney.
A pleasingly vast quantity of sugar free caramel coffee syrup. Yum.

 
A polished wood and embroidery vintage box which is very lovely.
A beautiful snowflakey pin (jewellery and a torture implement in one, v handy).
The Urban Decay black palette, swoon


A make up bag with other lovely things inside it,
….And a real Charlie Mouse that sings the mouse organ song from Bagpuss!


It sings this song 

After that I basically played with my toys, tarted around in my shoes, chatted to best friends, gave lots of cuddles to my loved ones, cooked and scoffed a massive decadent lunch, drank lots of nice bubbly stuff, had a very pleasant nap, and am planning on watching Downton Abbey shortly. Perfection.

I got Nigel;
Some motorcycle gloves he wanted. He seems very pleased with them. Apparently the knuckles are extra brilliant or something and there is a special feature. Oh yes.
Books, various
CD’s etc
Sweets and treats, various
Boy bathroom things that he particularly likes
Stationary things he likes
A wallet that says ‘Tight Arse’ on it (I am naturally delighted with myself as the result of this hilarity. Bwahahaha).
He’s really not very well and in obvious pain, but has been a darling none the less. I wish he didn't hurt though... aside from the whole love factor, I feel cheated when anything but me causes him pain ;) He has bravely managed to force some christmas cake down however - he's so brave ;)
I hope you all had a christmas day as wonderful as I have, and the next few days, and the whole of 2012 is lovely for you too x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely Christmas, I'm glad you had a wonderful time. :D I'm sorry N is feeling poorly though, that does take some of the fun out of it.