MT's thoughts on all kinds of stuff.


Thursday 8 December 2011

'A moderately good play with a badly written third act'.

The last few weeks have been trying for about a hundred and one reasons, but I’m pleased to say things are now looking up :)  Not perfect, but much better; 
·         N’s pain in his knee and insomnia (resulting from the pain keeping him awake) plus various other things wildly exacerbated his traditional seasonal slump, and eventually I marched (well, limped) him to the Doctors. He’s back next week but he’s already much more like his normal self.
·         As I let up on him for a while when he was really not ok through necessity, he managed to interpret as some slight on his slavery (slave logic does not resemble any other logic). Bossing and belting him around again has him looking quite cheerful and comfortable again. I have some pretty and painful declarations of love planned for him after his next trip to the GP which I’m sure will make his heart sing. One must be pragmatic about marks etc. after all.
·         Speaking of cuts ;) I have cut his working hours quite a lot however as this seems sensible. He is pleased but concerned about this.
·         Meanwhile in our alternate timeline S is not in a good place either and I am very worried about him. So both my boys have been messed up lately , a state of affairs I am less than thrilled about. There is now a some extra support in place for him however.
·         My health is still holding out and we are well into December! Hurrah! I am gleeful. My body appears to be trying to flare but the clever drug cocktail is winning. I am back on a decent sized dose of a drug I usually avoid but so far no ill effects and good results. All hail drugs!
                          

·         Not being a fool however and being aware that Christmas is a-coming I am trying to get that well and truly sorted just to be on the safe side. This is going well. Pretty much all gifts, cards, and non perishable food are purchased, and the To Do list regarding this is getting shorter. Fa la la la la, la la la laaaaaaaaahhhh.
·         I am planning a course for January and am busying away with sorting that out.
·         Finances are tight, largely as we have had a lot of unexpected large expenses lately.
·         The traditional Winter damp which we have thrown a fucking fortune at since buying this house is back. I’m so glad for the epic amounts of money, time and effort we have spent on this little hobby. 
·         And speaking of water let us not forget the boiler demanding financial attention. There is an aquatic theme emerging actually. Perhaps I should buy a boat next.
·         Actually, ~ invisible secret telling ink~ I am planning on finally learning to drive in the new year. Now, I’ll admit this probably sounds less exciting than a boat but it’s a big move for me. I have to have a couple of medical bits verified, sort some minor mods, and renew my driving license then I plan to give it a go.  I’ve even chosen where I’m going to go.

So anyway, that’s a not very thrilling overview of what’s been going on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm just going to say this and damn the consequences..


as far as you having your christmas all sorted?

I hate you

MsSparkles said...

My best friend said something similar today ;) But the last few years I have had really debilitating RA flares around this time of year and trying to shop and cook for everyone when you can barely totter just doesn't work (though Amazon love it). So this year I've been shopping incrementally since August. Apparently it's the secret to keeping my RA in check ;)