MT's thoughts on all kinds of stuff.


Thursday 24 November 2011

Blessings.

Being British I don’t do Thanksgiving, and I suppose if I did it would be the Canadian variety. However I have quite a few American friends here so none the less it creeps into my life. Leaving aside the problematic historical issues regarding Thanksgiving, ever Pollyannaish me thought it might be nice to focus on the ‘giving thanks’ part and join in from Blighty.

So, seven things I am thankful for (I don't know why some people do seven by the way. Is it regional? Or is there a significance? I must find out).
  • My wonderful offspring who I love and adore with every last part of my being.  The best thing I have ever done.
  • My wonderful friends without whom my life would be an entirely different landscape.  I am truly blessed to have each and every one of them.  I really am exceptionally lucky in this area, and every time I need them there they are. Love them all.
  • My health stabilising and all that this entails. Psssst, we are approaching the end of November and though there's a few difficulties so far still no major flare. I am quietly  thrilled.
  • My creativity starting to make reappearance (see above). I was starting to think it had gone forever, but no. It’s peaking out again. I am gleeful.
  • Being privileged enough to have access to the internet and to know such lovely people as a result.  This includes the ones I have got to know in real life and the ones who remain a virtual presence.  You’re a very cool addition to my world. How else would I learn about hand turkeys, lip tattoos, TV recommendations, avicas, and generally get such enjoyably random chatter?
  • A house to live in, food to eat and drinks to drink. a lock on my (one) door to keep the world out, books on my shelves, snugly quilts on my bed, pretty gardens, warm clothes, a summer house, hot showers in the morning, presents for people all over my house, luxuries, lovely sparkliness and wooden mushrooms and stuff that makes me smile when I look at it, music, days out, living by the forest, tea…. Oh what the heck, I’m mentioning the tea twice. 
Ok, yes, I added the  'sparkly household nick naks' part just as an excuse to put this picture up
  • ….. and N. Magically cleaned boots, adventures, love, poached eggs, hot sex, cuddles ….  Oh just see here  before I ruin my allegedly dastardly rep ;)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you all have a lot to be grateful for, just like me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hand Turkeys are the fashizzle