MT's thoughts on all kinds of stuff.


Monday 14 November 2011

Life on the edge.

Today we went to the coast, Blakeney in Norfolk to be precise. This is one of my favourite places, I utterly adore it. It’s peaceful and a wonderful place to walk and just ‘be’.  
So N and I stomped along the muddy coastal path talking and saying  ‘oh look, that tree is pretty. I like that windmill. Isn’t the church nice. Look at the boats. There are lots of birds aren’t there? Shall we have tea soon?’ We have both been very stressed lately so some peaceful wind down time was  really, really good. I made him take me for tea at a fancy hotel which was hilariously funny as it was full of dreadfully well to do people looking chic, and I was there all windswept with hot pink hair, big stompy boots and a trashy fur coat. Also, as I know Bidds reads here Foodwatch at Blakeney involved a freshly baked goats cheese & leek quiche warm from the oven, and very nice apple tart. Yum. It would have been worth the drive for that alone.
Oh and I asked N to buy me a dinky soup bowl and spoon set for 'xmas'. To say he looked bemused by this desire is overt understatement, but with a 'WTF? Well if that makes her happy. Girls are fucking weird.....' look he bought it for me. You are in awe of my edgy hardcore sexy ways aren't you? It's understandable.
Then after some running around doing too many necessary things in far too little time, I had a Doctor’s appointment which they called me in for in a light-flashing-message-come-immediately-fuss-about-nothing. This resulted in new stuff for my eyes, and an extra blood test booked for Friday. Oh and I got told off for missing my last one. Bad me. My contrition knows no bounds. 


  

2 comments:

Dina said...

Actually, the sun is kind of secondary. The apple tree, though, and the overall serenity of the scene is lovely.

B. Iddy said...

I wonder how long it would take me to reach Blakeney for quiche and tart. Yum.